The Typed List Editor is the editor which allows you to alter any aspect
of a typed list definition: the entities participating in the typed
list, the relationships used, its fields and its code generation
information. You open a typed list in its Typed List Editor by selecting
it in the Project Explorer and then
right-clicking it and selecting Edit..., or by pressing
The typed list editor consists of the following main parts:
- Entities tab
- This tab contains the information and editors for working with the entities the typed list is based on, as well as the aliases given to the entities within the typed list.
- Relationships tab
- This tab contains the information and editors for working with the relationships between the entities the typed list is based on, how the entities are joined to each other and using which join hint.
- Fields tab
- This tab contains the information and editors for working with the fields of the typed list
- Code generation info tab
- This tab contains the information and editors for the code generation related data of the typed list and its containing elements.
At the top of the Typed List Editor you'll find the following editor elements:
- Typed List name
- This is the name of the typed list
- Group name
- This is the name of the group the typed list is in. You can select an existing one or specify a new one. If left empty, the typed list is in the unnamed group
The designer also offers a General Typed List Editor. This is a special kind of Typed List editor which allows you to edit the typed list which is currently selected in the project explorer. This editor is opened by selecting Project -> General Typed List Editor in the menu, or by clicking button in the toolbar.
The advantage of the General Typed List Editor is that it keeps the current sub tab selected when you select another typed list in the project explorer, which allows you to e.g. edit the fields of several typed lists without a lot of clicking through tabs.